Member Spotlight: Alex Zhang
“Don’t be afraid to take hard classes (provided they are taught well!) You’ll end up learning a lot and the material may very well be useful well after graduation. Conversely, do take fun electives as well; both types of classes will become your most memorable ones after college. I am taking social dance this semester and I am having a blast! I am actually currently signed up for both intermediate sections for next semester.”
- Favorite App: Google Maps because I have no sense of direction. Saved me countless times while I was abroad in Edinburgh and traveling around Europe last semester!
- Favorite place to eat on the Drag: Kismet Café
- Favorite HBA event so far: I really enjoyed start-up speed dating! I’d also say Austin Panic Room and Broomball are up there.
- Favorite TV show growing up: I enjoyed Arthur. ♫ Having fun isn’t hard ♫ ♫ When you got a library card! ♫
- If you could sing one song on American Idol, what would it be: As much as I would prefer not to embarrass myself, if I had to, I would currently choose “I Want it All” by Queen.
- Fun Fact: I’ve also read all 5 books of A Song of Ice and Fire (i.e. Game of Thrones). Endured the slog that was the 4th and 5th books, with thrilling sequences such as Daenerys and Cersei being insufferable, Tyrion’s downward spiral of self-loathing, and Brienne’s pointless journey walking in circles. Impatiently waiting for the sixth book and actively following Race for the Iron Throne, a chapter-by-chapter analysis of the series.